Sunday, May 22, 2011

Week 4: Free Choice: Publishing Project



This week we are presenting our publishing piece to the class or a small group of peers. I am certain this experience will be interesting and hope that it will be fun. I know that I am not excited to stay up late but I also know that I want good feedback. So I need to do unto others I would have them do provide the same level of feedback from beginning to end. For my publishing assignment I have chosen to do a presentation at a conference. I am pursuing the VTEEA Summer conference in August of this year. Im a member and plan to submit my presentation to them by the end of next week with the hopes that they will allow me to present. I am very excited that publishing is a part of this ARP. Many times I have great ideas but I am such a hard critic of myself that I never share them on a large scale. I let them work for and that is the end of the story. For this project I will be promoting and sharing and trying to get others to use my Schoology course to learn more about Promethean products. Maybe one day Promethean will hire me! I wish...

2 comments:

  1. David:
    You have been so passionate about this since we started this program. I would think that your enthusiasm would clearly show in your submittal to present at VTEEA. As for working at Promethean, I think that's an obtainable goal as well based on the research you've done and your clear commitment to the product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m doing the presentation option as well. I didn’t read up on the VTEEA conference, so I’ll be really interested to hear more details about it. Promethean is new to me, too. Sounds very you. J So, tell me…how many slides do you think you’ll present for this Wednesday? I’ve looked into the GaETC and the FETC conferences (GA and FL)…they seemed to be highly oriented towards helping educators integrate technology into their classrooms, and the FL conference is close to home. So we’ll see what happens! Looking forward to seeing your presentation this week!

    ReplyDelete